Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
6 geen peppers
1 lb extra lean ground beef, I prefer 90% lean
3/4 cup long grain white rice, raw
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14oz) can original stewed tomatoes, chopped
1 (10 1/2 oz) can tomato soup
1/2 - 3/4 cup chili sauce
1/2 -1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1. Wash peppers, cut tops off and remove core.
2. Drain and chop stewed tomatoes, reserving liquid.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the chopped stewed drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.
4. Stuff peppers with this mixture and sit in the crockpot standing up, trim bottoms of any peppers if necessary.
5. Combine tomato soup, chili sauce, the rest of the chopped tomatoes and reserved stewed tomato liquid. Check the consistency as you may not need all of the reserved tomato liquid.
6. Pour sauce over peppers.
7. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. This can take less or more time as crockpots differ wildly
Serving Size: 1 Pepper
Calories: 293 Fat: 4.6 g Protein: 21.1 g Carb: 41.7 g Sugar: 7 g