Brussel Sprouts and Quinoa Winter Mix
EGEA’S RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Brussel Sprouts & Quinoa Winter Mix
1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
3 cups butternut squash, cubed
3 cups fresh spinach
2/3 cup dry quinoa
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 chopped pecans
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil or line with parchment paper, placing sprouts on one side and the squash on the other.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove sprouts and place in a large bowl. Continue baking squash for 15 more minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, rinse quinoa in a small strainer. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Cook quinoa fr 2 minutes until lightly toasted. Add 1/3 cups of watering turn heat to high. Once boiling, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy.
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, vinegar, hemp seeds, salt and pepper.
- In the large bowl with the sprouts and squash, add the quinoa, spinach, pomegranate seeds and pecans, then mix the dressing from the small bowl
Serving Size: 6 (1 CUP)
Calories: 250 Fat: 9.7 g Protein: 9 g Carb: 37 g Sugar: 7 g